Checking in to say HI and to give you an update on what's new in voiceovers and the training options available to you this fall and early winter.
HOT areas of voiceover work right now include: infomercials, corporate training videos and anything to do with the world wide web.
Yes, even in today's tough economy voiceover is a booming business.
Who gets the work? Those with training, those with home recording studios and those that invest some time and money into marketing their voiceover businesses.
- New to voiceover? Want to know what it's all about? Voiceover 101 is a private, 90-minute session in which you will learn all about the wonderful world of voiceovers including what skills you must develop, what tools you will need, where to find the jobs, how to win auditions and how much to charge. This session also includes time behind the mic along with an professional analysis of your current level of skill. Now booking appointments for November and December 2011.
- Having your own home recording studio is a must for anyone who is seriously considering building a voiceover business. The good news is that a decent recording set-up can be put together for just a few hundred dollars. Home Recording 101 is a 90-minute session in which you'll be able to try out a variety of equipment and microphones before you buy your own. You'll also get advice on setting up your studio and practice behind the computer recording and audio files. You'll learn how to record wav and mp3 files, how to edit them and how to send them.
- Personal voiceover coaching. The best way to train with faster growth as all lessons are customized for you and your current level of skill.
- Email Voiceover Training. A good option for those who already have a home recording studio. Receive a new voiceover lesson each week along with analysis of your work. GREAT for technical practice and self-direction!
- Marketing 101. Ready to start competing for voiceover jobs? Your marketing plan is your roadmap to a successful career. 90 minute marketing sessions are $110.00.
Ready to produce your first voice demo? Ask about our complete demo packages.
If you've been thinking about getting into the voiceover business there has never been a better time than now.
In honor of Steve Jobs and his amazing contributions he has made to all of our lives, here is one of my favorite quotes:
"Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." - Steve Jobs
Have a great holiday season and please let me know if I can help you get on the road to your voiceover goals!
Cammie Winston has been a professional voice artist for more than 30 years. She is one of the national telephone voices for Verizon Wireless and the official voice of the Sacramento Transit System. She has voiced thousands of commercials and audio projects that have aired locally, nationally and internationally. She also is a popular motivational speaker for business functions and has spent two decades in the radio industry, including five years as an on-air personality at KYMX in Sacramento.